StarGazer Beginner’s Pack 4
- Computer-controlled 8-inch (200mm) portable reflecting telescope
- Set of 6 eyepiece filters for viewing the planets
- Collimation tool
- Red Light torch
Click here to order online from AstroShop.com.au, or call (07) 4194 5502 for more details.
This ultimate Beginner’s Pack includes a computer-controlled portable telescope, plus all the add-ons you’ll need to start exploring the night sky. Let’s look at the features…
This full GOTO 200mm (8-inch) computer-controlled, collapsible reflecting telescope package is the perfect instrument for astronomers at home or on the move.
The elegant truss tube design has been carefully engineered to combine ease-of-use, extreme portability and consistent performance. Unlike other truss tube designs, the SkyWatcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between sessions and transports as two compact parts that can be joined and ready to use in seconds! Perfect for convenient portability and storage
This model features a patented tension adjustment control on the altitude bearings, which eliminates the need and added cost of clumsy counterweight balance systems.
Using a simple one- or two-star alignment, your electronic telescope will be ready in minutes to take you on a tour of the night sky! Decide on your objects of interest and simply dial them up in the computerised hand controller.
- Highest practical power (potential): 420x
- Primary mirror: 200mm
- Focal length: 1200mm, f/6
- Eyepieces supplied
- Dual-Fit 1.25-inch/2-inch Crayford focuser
- Parabolic primary Pyrex primary mirror
- 0.5mm ultra-thin secondary mirror supports
- 9×50 finderscope
- T-thread camera adapter
- 3-point tube locking system, fully retractable
- Alt-Azimuth Mount with accessory tray
- Built-in heavy-duty power supply (10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1mm plug centre positive)
- Motor type: DC servomotors,
- Resolution: motor encoder, 1,620,000 counts per revolution; main axis encoder, 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0x, 2.0x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 200x, 400x, 600x, 800x, 1000x
- Tracking Rates: sidereal, lunar, solar
- Tracking mode: dual-axis tracking
- Alignment Method: brightest-star alignment, two-star alignment
- Database: 25 user-defined objects.
- Complete M, NGC and IC catalogues, partial SAO catalogue
- GOTO pointing accuracy: up to 5 arcminutes
Comes with a fully authorised 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Red Light Torch
It’s important to protect your night vision when out stargazing, and that means using only red light. This fantastic, compact Red Light Torch will preserve your dark-adapted eyes when observing in the field. Perfect for viewing Moon maps and star charts in the dark, as well as finding eyepieces and other items in your accessories case!
This set of six high-quality eyepiece filters will enable you to bring out more detail when observing the Moon and planets. Easy to use, just screw them into position and away you go!
- Wratten coloured glass threaded filters
- Suit 1.25-inch barrel eyepieces
Check out the filter guide to see which ones will best suit your requirements.
Every telescope needs to have its optics adjusted from time to time, and this handy 1.25-inch Cheshire collimation tool makes it a breeze!
The solid metal construction, precision computer-machined tolerances and anodised 1.25-inch sighting will give you spot-on results every time.
Comes complete with instructions and bonus primary mirror centre-marking stickers.
The StarGazer Beginner’s Pack 4 is your ultimate way introduction to exploring the night sky. The computer-controlled telescope and the included accessories make finding astronomical objects a breeze.